George Crowl has put together three very interesting documents that he is letting me share with you. The three are History of Square Knots, Private Issue Square Knots and Training Award Medals. His work includes a brief history of the ribbon bars that preceded the square knots and a comprehensive review of square knots covering the types, colors, devices and associated medals. The documents are PDF files. You will need Acrobat® Reader to view the document. This free software may be downloaded from Adobe.
Illustrated History of BSA Square Knot Evolution
- 1934 - 1979, Ribbons and Khaki Knots
- 1980 - 2016, Tan Knots (updated 8/21/16)
- General Information
- Chronological Table of References for Ribbons and Square Knots
Illustrated Private Issue Knots
- Locally Authorized Knots
- Rafi Sharif Knots
- Ship's Store and Chris McCullough Knots
- Craig Murray and copies of Official Knots - More on Craig's knots
- Private Issue and Spoof Knots
Training Award Medals (updated 2/29/16)
- Training Award Varieties
If you want to contact George Crowl about his documents or just want to thank him, you can contact him by e-mail.